This module is intended to provide the student with an introduction to SCADA using automation systems and peripherals. The principles of alarm management are presented along with an overview of the alarm management lifecycle and an introduction to Six Sigma. SCADA security and authentication methodologies are also discussed in detail. Practical examples of SCADA applications are presented and include a discussion of SCADA simulation techniques.
- Describe the basic function of a SCADA system.
- List four examples of SCADA systems.
- Define SCADA architecture.
- Identify seven elements in a SCADA system.
- Explain the purpose of alarm management.
- Identify three types of changes noted by alarms and events.
- List the 10 stages of an alarm management lifecycle.
- Describe how Six Sigma is applied to alarm management.
- Explain the purpose of a firewall in a SCADA system.
- Define the term SCADA security.
- Name the two most common authentication methodologies.
- Describe the benefits of SCADA simulation.