This module will provide the student with an introduction to voltage in parallel circuits and the application of Ohm's law to these circuit configurations. The module is designed to demonstrate the effect of current, voltage, and resistance in parallel circuits and describe how Kirchhoff's current law can be applied to problem solving and troubleshooting techniques.
Upon completion of this module the student will be able to:
- Define a parallel circuit.
- Calculate resistance in parallel.
- Describe the flow of current in a parallel circuit.
- Express Kirchhoff's current law.
- Use the current divider rule.
- Apply Ohm's law for parallel circuit calculations.
- Calculate power in a parallel circuit.
- Describe the effect of connecting voltage sources in parallel.
- List some typical applications for parallel circuits.
- Troubleshoot parallel circuits.