This course provides a thorough treatment of digital logic and its application in PLC programming and control. Boolean algebra and the theorems associated with it are presented and demonstrated through a series of programming examples. In addition, the student will become adept at converting digital logic to ladder logic and will apply DeMorgan's theorem to increase circuit efficiency and reduce redundency.
Upon completion of this module the student will be able to:
- Apply truth tables to troubleshooting digital circuits.
- List five logic gates.
- Describe the basic operation of an inverter.
- Explain the purpose of Boolean algebra.
- Apply logic gate combinations to PLC control.
- Convert digital logic to ladder logic.
- Name eight Boolean theorems.
- Apply DeMorgan's theorem to ladder logic circuits.